Friday, October 22, 2010

Halo, and Other Unnecessary Evils

I sit here tonight as Alex plays halo, and I wonder about what makes it tick. What in the male brain makes killing other things fun? I mean, maybe half of it is his internal male instincts to provide for family and to kill for meat and all that, or maybe his Army training has something to do with it, but I'm really not sure why he is so interested in running around and killing things for entertainment. I am sure that he thinks the same thing about The Sims, and some of the things I do, I just don't get it. Sometimes I think something is different, an internal drive, for women to care for a family, and for men to kill, and that may be why we enjoy the games we do. How many women play Call Of Duty, Halo, Modern Warfare, and other things like that? Not many. Not to mention the number of men that play things like Sims and other life-like games that allow you to make a home and raise a family.

Sometimes thinking about what it all means is to much for someone though. I mean, Alex just looked over to see me working on this and looked at me like I was nuts, I guess this is a "chick thing" who knows. Maybe he does think im crazy. Just like the rest of the world, and maybe in time everything will sort itself out.

(shot, shot, shot, shot) "damn, I died" (shot shot shot shot shot shot) how the hell does someone die and then come back to life? I mean, I really don't get this.

WoW is another one of those things that people play, but it isn't really needed. It's a monster. Really. I played for a while, and at the end of my 10 day free trial, I stopped. So I guess you could say it isn't always bad, but when you play excessively, anything can be dangerous, I mean, something as simple as Facebook could be devastating to a relationship.

Well people, I think it's just about time for bed. I am going to go try to attempt to peal Alex away from Halo and get him to come to bed.

Have a good night.

<3 Ellie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment